Medical massage focuses on a particular medical diagnosis and can be recommended for a variety of illness, including pain relief, injuries and other internal illness. Patients can undergo medical massage as a part of a therapy regimen for numerous chronic problems.
What is massage?
Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Massage may range from light stroking to deep pressure. There are many different types of massage, including these common types:
- Swedish massage: This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- Deep massage: This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Trigger point massage: This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
- Reflexology: Stimulation of certain areas of the feet which correspond to different parts of the body
- Prenatal Massage
Massage is generally considered part of integrative medicine. It’s increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations. Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. Some studies have found massage may also be helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ)
Beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, some people enjoy massage because it often produces feelings of caring, comfort and connection.
So come and try a medical massage with our licensed and experienced therapist, you will get a service that benefits you for sure.
Nyship insurance and some of the Atena insurance covers massage therapy, please give us a call at 516-500-7228, we will be very happy to verify your insurance for you at no cost, or you can also fill out our verification link on line, we will send you a text 1 or 2 days later to inform your insurance coverage.
Insurance verification link here: tinyurl.com/supremeacu
Looking forward to see you soon!